Despite efforts, the gap between indigenous Australians and non-indigenous Australians remains vast. Life expectancy for indigenous Australians is a decade younger than their counterparts, while the overall attendance rate in schools is 10% lower between the same groups. This is exacerbated in remote areas, where just 66% of indigenous children are accessing education. The link between levels of education, employment and health status are well researched, and so to help bridge these gaps we can start by empowering our future leaders.
One quarter of profits from the sale of this print will support the Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME), a volunteer-based mentoring program run between universities and high schools which is bringing the most disadvantaged kids out of inequality. Over the last six years, AIME has supported 15,000 indigenous school students and has closed the gap between AIME students and non-Indigenous Australian 18-25 year olds in university, employment or training.
- All prints are printed on fine art paper (Canson Rag Photographique 310gsm) with a small white border.
- Prints are available in larger sizes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiry.
- Please allow 7 days processing time for printing.
- All domestic shipping will be sent express Australia Post.
- International shipping will vary depending on location.